Saturday, January 19, 2008

Thankful For Much

One night at camp this week I was having a hard time falling asleep so I began thanking God for all that I have. I came to realize that I have been given much. I have been blessed beyond measure and know that God has given me more than I feel that I deserve.

What I am thankful for:

2 healthy, unique, fun kids
1 extremely complimentive and compatible wife
41 years of good health-I see heart Dr. next Wednesday
2 parents who are still living into their 60's
parents who gave me much more than they had growing up
parents who sent me to college at no expense to me
my career path: insurance, pizza, Jeeps, movie theatre, teaching
my current teaching position-WOW
new friends I've made at my school-BH, AG and many others
my daughter's one special friend from school
the handful of students who are ALWAYS awesome
a classroom with good, hands off, parents
2 reliable cars and 1 cheap payment
a giving older brother
church friendships from MBC that God continues to strengthen
my poker buddies
my church family at SSCM
great neighbors
the joy and peace I have in believing in Christ as my savior

I wonder how much more I would be blessed if I could only spend time with God on a consistent, first thing in the morning basis. Hmm?

No comments: