Sunday, January 06, 2008

Bowling Butt

Sure, I got your attention with that title. After bowling 4 times in 9 days I think my right buttocks is a little tight.

Made it home in 10 hours. The kids did GREAT. Just one potty break. Promised the kids a PLAYLAND in Joplin MO and after cruising by 3 McDonalds and NO playlands we got back in the truck and headed out for our last 5 hours. REALLY, the kids did great. We left STL at 11:30 and arrived around 9:30pm.

I got a great nights sleep in my own bed. No bed that cranked my back and no couches either. I slept well!

I worked out today and tried to regain some sense of normalcy.

We played cards tonight and even though it was P O K E R we have a great group of guys who go to church regularly. I ask that you pray for my friend J who is on his second bout of leukemia treatments and he is undergoing his 2nd transplant. This guy is GREAT and he never complains. I appreciate him very much. I also ask that you pray for me as I go for deeper tests on my heart Tuesday and Wednesday to find out what the little "quirk" is on my EKG. Everyone who played cards tonight is a "prayer".

It is good to be back and I hope to get control of things in my life. First spiritually, then become a better husband to my wife. Then a father to my kids. The "spiritually" thing MUST happen before the others can play out. After that I really want to step it up physically with my work outs and dining habits. After that I pray that 2008 is the year that we become DEBT free. It all revolves around DISCIPLINE!

Week ONE of 2008!

No comments: