Saturday, November 22, 2008

Announcing Music

I walked into my first boys varsity gig of the season Tuesday night and saw the guy who covers for me when I can't announce. The first thing I asked was, "How long before they(the boys players) give me a Cd to play for warm up?"

No sooner than my feet hit the court 3 varsity players asked if I would play a CD they made. "Play number 10, it's the clean version." They brought out a CD player so I could listen to it during the Junior Varsity game. I listened to it and it was In This Crazy World by Young Jeezy. The explicit version has the "N" word, the "F" word, "D" and "SH". The clean version you can her the "D"s and "SH"s.

I brought the CD home and really an offended that they would try to pull this crap on me and have me play this in front of families and little kids. I probably won't accept another CD from them the rest of the year. I should burn a CD full of Frank Sinatra and the Beach Boys for them to warm up to just to show them.

Good thing is the Coach backs me 100%.

No comments: