Monday, January 09, 2006

3 Times I Enjoy

As I sat down yesterday after church to read the newspaper I thought about moments or times that I really enjoy. I'm talking about times that don't involved anyone else basically.

Three times I really look forward to and enjoy:

1. Reading the newspaper: Ironically enough I don't really read the newspaper. I just enjoy that initial sit down of preparing to "look" at today's headlines. My peeve is having to have the whole newspaper without any sections missing. I also don't like to read a newspaper that's been looked at already. My favorite paper is The USA Today. They have more articles that are contained to one page. I don't have the willpower to go looking for the rest of the story. All said, I look at 95% and read 5%.

2. Sunday 12 noon NFL kickoff: It really doesn't matter who is playing. I really like being in a sports bar where I can see all 8 games at once. Usually I lose interest within the first hour, but like the initial kickoff incase a marquee game is really good. When it comes to watching my favorite team it doesn't matter if I watch it, home or away. The bummer thing this past year was that I didn't get out of church until 12:15. I really wish my adult class was during the 8:30 timeslot so I could easily get the best seat at the sportsbar, which there really isn't one within 10 miles.

3. Movies: Any movie is a good movie as long as buttered popcorn is served. I think I love the whole experience. Getting there early. Getting popcorn and drink. Picking an aisle seat for convenient exiting. The previews and then the movie. If I have one moral weakness it is going to the movies just to be going. I fail to research the rating or the content. I usually go based on the star or the advertised hype. I have walked out on movies before: Bad Santa, Ice Harvest, and Lady Killers due to foul language or vulgarity.

I am sure there are other special moments, but these are ones I can experience alone.

What moments give you that "AHhhhh" feeling?

12 comments:

Bill Victor said...

I used to love it when I had Fridays off. I would get, make a strong cup of coffee and go get the paper. I wouldn't get up from the table til about 11 or so and then go out and mow the lawn.

Anonymous said...

Laying down on the couch and watching t.v. or playing games on my phone. Especially after the baby is put to bed.

Pigs said...

Coming home from school and sitting on the couch with a cup of Days of Our Lives. Seriously.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the newspaper...even better, at school, I can pick up the New York Times for FREE! Days I have morning classes, I will leave for school an hour early just so I can sit in the student union, leaf through the paper, and drink my big cup of coffee.

MommyProf said...

Those rare mornings when I can catch the Today Show with a leisurely cup of coffee. Also waking up from a Sunday afternoon nap (better if under the electric blanket)

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to kvkids: Is it safe to fly with you? I'll take my chances with your music.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to billy v: I think I would mow first and then read the paper.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to deanna: I like that time after the kids are down. I had it for about 30 minutes tonight and then my wife and daughter got home.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to pigs: Are Beau and Hope still dating?

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to jennifer: I often read my newspaper during my 7am morning program. $25 to read the paper. Not bad!

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to mommyprof: Getting in a warmed up bed on a cold night is an awesome thing.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to Random: I'd take a good steady rain right now.

We came by over Christmas break, I think the Tuesday after the 25th. We were on our way to Seamus for wings and potato skins.