Thursday, August 07, 2008

Groundhog Day

One of my favorite movie with tons of one liners is Groundhog Day. I think I lost interest in a girl I was dating when she said the movie was stupid. Anyway, it is beginning to feel like Groundhog Day here in North Texas. We had triple digit temps for 13 straight days and it has been dry. I checked and it has been 93 and over since July 1st.

Hurricane Eduoard came thru and gave us a somewhat nice day yesterday when the temps only hit the mid 90's. It is funny when you hear the meteorologist say a COLD front is coming and it "may" only get to about 96 on Friday with a chance of some rain. A cold front? Can't they say a cool front?

I start worrying about us having indoor recess for a month and a half. When the temps get over 90 we can only have outdoor recess for 10 minutes. I think when it hits 92 or the heat index is 92 we have to implement the indoor recess policy.

7 days before I have to report for duty!

No comments: