Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Update

Friday night my wife and I met a few other couples at a local establishment to watch Kyle Sherman play acoustic guitar. The owner admitted that business was down since our local town passed a "no smoking" law in restaurants and bars. The town closest to us is collecting the defectors. I liked going out not having to deal with 2nd hand smoke. Kyle Sherman was great! He mixed some cover songs from The Fray, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Brittney Spears(yes), Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls and then some of his own songs. Check him out: www.kyleshermanband.com. Kyle was a former music minister for a DFW church.

Our friends J and L stayed over Friday night until 3am. Then Saturday night I went to a birthday party and ended up playing cards. At midnight I was 1 of 3 remaining players when I turned my seat over to a girl who teaches at my school. She came in second and doubled my money for me. NICE! Can you say TIRED.

Sunday morning we visited ARBC www.arbcgarland.com . The pastor who married my wife and I is leading this church. He actually started there in 1997 and we were members there until about 2000 when we moved to MO. It was great seeing many people from when I started a class back in 1997. The worship setting was unique because it was in the gym and there were round tables and chairs. My 4 and 7 year old did great as they were able to color on there notepads during the service. I liked having them in there with us as my son was trying to sing along during the praise part. The kids easily went to their class afterwards as the new childrens building has a 3 story slide. It helped that they had 2 fish tanks and a bird cage. The kids loved it. We had great fellowship at lunch as we went to the pastor's house and talked about our current church situation and old times. Pasta was good!

Last night I went to the movies with B. Not too late as it was the 8pm movie. For some reason I wasn't able to get to sleep. I was tired, but I guess the 44 ounce diet Coke had me wired.

Long weekend. It has been nice coming home and not having to be anywhere. Busy week coming up.

I got on the scales today.........................................................

No comments: