Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Rough 24 Hours

I felt like I had my diet slightly under control until Hurricane Katrina hit and we worked a few days at church and that's about the time I got a sinus infection. Diet crashed then and I've not been able to get things under control. Maybe I blame that on being super busy with being a first year 4th grade teacher. Who knows. So I feel like I've not just a fat day or week, but a month. Then I find out yesterday that one of our bank accounts was overdrawn and we were charged 6 fees. Nothing like a 37 cent stamp costing an extra $34. Then my best friend BillyV called to confirm that he and his family is moving back to Missouri. I was really down last night.

When I got up this morning I had HUGE bags under my eyes even though I started going to bed about 10:30pm. I think it took a LONG time to fall deeply asleep. I often have trouble falling asleep if my wife is watching TV or taking a bath. Add to that a little depression.

I got to school and was not in a good mood. I put out the warning to my students. I would have loved to watched about 5 movies at the theatre today and escape, but I stuck it out.

The day got better when a friend bought me a lunch. Zero cost to me. I also purchase bagels for all the teachers on Wednesday and get repaid, but with our bank accounts at critical stage I was worried about where the money would come from. Well, someone prepaid $20 for bagels past Thanksgiving. That'll cover most of the cost, plus a few others paid early too!

I announced tonight and did a great job. Came home and graded a few papers. Blogged and will get to bed at a decent time. Hope I fall asleep quickly.

I'm going to St. Louis on Thursday so tomorrow is my last work day! SMILING!

3 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

So sorry to hear you are down - I've been having an "I'm a sucky friend" month if that helps. Not the same as a fat month I know, but I've been racked with guilt this month and it's really taken a toll. I hope all goes well. I am VERY happy to hear you and your family are all safe after the scare from Rita.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Thanks. When things slow down I'll become a more consistent blog friend. Tblog or blogspot. Doesn't matter. You're linked!

Artistic Soul said...

Once I figure out how to put the links in on blogger, you'll be on mine too!! :)