Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Close Call

The Dodge Neon still only has forward gears. This morning I got to school about 2 minutes early, but the gas needle was bellow "E" so I decided to go about 2 blocks more to get a few gallons of gas. I wasn't 30 feet past the school entrance when a lady in a Honda CRV barreled out into the intersection and kept on coming. Somehow I slowed down, swerved without hitting the curb and honked my horn all within about 1 second. She recovered and avoided side swiping me. When I passed her I could tell she was shelled shocked because she must have slowed down to about 1o m.p.h. When I pulled into the gas station my anxiety level was running high.

Amazing how running on empty and deciding to gas up almost cost me a functioning car.

Tonight: The family was at church and after mowing a friend's yard I came home and cleaned up thinking I would go see a movie since I live near the $4.50 theatre. Sadly enough there wasn't anything worth wasting 2 hours of my time. I then decided to go and eat a burger so I stopped by a nearby gas station to pick up a copy of the USA Today newspaper. It wasn't until I got back into the Neon that I realized I pulled into a parking spot that wouldn't let me pull thru or coast back allowing me to drive away.

Humbly I had to get out of my car and push it backwards. I got back just far enough to go forward and pull away from the curb. I saw my neighbor tonight and he said he could look at it maybe Sunday and see if it is an easy fix.

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

It's easy. Liberating to start anew. No "temporary" issues.