Thursday, September 29, 2005

Jacket Weather

Woke up this morning to GREAT weather. The temperature topped 104 degrees in the Dallas area yesterday. Yes, that's hot. Don't give me, "It's a dry heat," because it's not. I did recess duty around noon and could hardly breath. I also mowed from 5-6pm and became exhausted enough from the heat that I got dizzy. Around 6:00 you could see the cold front coming and it spit a little rain while I mowed another yard with some friends.

As we mowed mother nature put on one awesome lightning show. Some of the thickest bolts I had ever seen. Once again, no rain for my yard. We were to get multi inches of rain last weekend with Hurricane Rita headed for North Texas, but that too missed us.

So it was great to actually reach for a jacket this morning. I headed for Missouri at 9am with my 2 kids and tonight's forecast is for a low in the lower 40's.

Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free from the heat, at last.

2 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

It's been cool here too the last couple days. Today I almost wished I didn't have class and could have gone to the beach or some other outside attraction.

The MAN Fan Club said...

47 degrees this morning in St. Louis. Glad I brought sweat pants and a jacket. Haven't need them since March.

The students' attentions seem to get a little bit sharper when the weather FINALLY breaks too....I hope.