Saturday, July 25, 2009

Back from Missouri

A friend dogged me tonight about my absence from blogging. It isn't like I don't have lots of time since I haven't worked since June 6th. I guess it is something that I've done regularly for about 5 years or more so for about 45 days I didn't even open blogspot other than a few times to update my blogs about my kids. So I'm back!

Saturday June 19th I took off early for St. Louis with my 2 kids. We really stopped just ONE true time on the way. I got gas and McD's in Waggoner OK. From there we were in the truck for 5 1/2 hours. I did stop at a store right by my dad's so technically we stopped twice.

It was special to make it for Father's Day as we spent the day with my dad who is 69 years old.

Highlights of the trip:
-Father's Day
-I made $365 one day helping detail 20 cars
-Food: Seamus(3), White Castle(3) Cecil's Pizza(3), Ted Drewes custard(2), Lions Choice(3), Gus's Pretzel dogs, eating Ameghettis in Berra Park
-I gained 4 pounds
-I brought back my brother's 79 Jeep CJ-7
-I watched 2 Cardinal games, both wins, both FREE
-4th weekend I saw 3 different fireworks shows
-Six Flags with family, my kids can ride more rides
-bowling 4 times
-mowing my brother's yard 5 times

Why 30 days in St. Louis? Family, friends, food and fun. ALSO, I have been back home for one week and really have a hard time doing NOTHING. I waste so much time when I don't have to do things. That is about to end. My teaching workshops start next week. Not everyday, but here and there.

I hope to get back on a regular basis. While I was away Facebook kept me busy.
-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad your back! Thanks for catching me up on the trip!