Saturday, July 25, 2009

Gym Talk

I went to the gym and somehow got there without my MP3 player so I ended up on the treadmill just having to watch the 3 TV choices. Usually ESPN sports is on so I parked myself in front of the ESPN tv and set the treadmill for 60 minutes. About 20 minutes in 2 ladies(girls, women), a little younger than me, got on 2 treadmills next to me. For 20 minutes I got to hear about relationships, men, dating, children, family, divorce, housing arrangements and so on. It was kind of weird feeling like I was eavesdropping.

So in a weird way I learned that one of the girls started dating her future husband at 15, got married at 20 and had a son a year later. A few years later the husband ran off with the daycare person. She said they were a great couple until they had children and then they grew apart. I heard that men take a lot longer to grow up. I learned that her mom was older than her dad and they divorced when she was 18. Her mom is now dating someone 13 years younger than the mom, but 10 years older than the daughter.

You get the point. It was just weird. I felt like I was violating someone's privacy, yet also felt like they were talking about stuff that should be talked about in a more private setting. I know where her mom lives, her dad lives. I know her mom is into horses and her dad into motorbikes and 4 wheelers. She had a sister and 2 brothers. I was trying to figure out how much older her parents were than me.

I'm glad I ended up with a pain in my rear, really, so I ended up stopping after 40 minutes and 300 calories. Guess I could have stopped and moved to a different treadmill.

No comments: