Monday, May 04, 2009

Catching Up

21 days of school left IF we don't close down for the Flu thing like many districts around us have done.

A parent bought me a carb-free lunch today only to accidentally give it to her son's other teacher. My lunch was after hers so I missed out on grilled chicken and veggies. Her lunch....pasta.

Another parent who had a running tab on my team's lunches since January sent us bill that said Paid in Full for teacher appreciation week. I was graced $67 worth. The grade level tab was just over $366. WOW! I joked that I would have eaten a LOT more if I had known that. (:

I dabbled with Facebook for a while. It's not me. I do like taking quizzes, but don't feel the need to tell everyone what I'm doing at various times of the day. Also, my neighbor wanted to know why I didn't accept her as a "friend." Felt kind of like middle school stuff with accepting, rejecting or ignoring friend requests. She then went on to tell us that she broke the 300 friend barrier. Wouldn't that be acquaintance or I at least know your name barrier?

Love that a longshot 50-1 Mine That Bird won the Kentucky Derby.

Thought I was going to have to repair my weed eater until I noticed that the "kill" switch was stuck on kill. "That's why it wouldn't start after 100 pulls."

Of the 21 days left I'll probably take at least 2 off........NICE!

5 comments:

Bill Victor said...

How do you know that you are going to be sick for two days already?

The MAN Fan Club said...

billyv,

Not sick, mental health days!

TheMAN

MommyProf said...

I enjoyed the Derby, too. Plus, no dead horses this year, which is a plus.

Facebook kind of grows on you - and kind of works on its own even if you don't participate much.

The MAN Fan Club said...

mommyprof,

I do like the fact that I reconnected with an old friend in St. Louis. No need to know what the people I work with are doing away from work though.

TheMAN

MommyProf said...

Keep it up - I'll friend you. Then you'll be sorry >:)