Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Ballgame

Last night I had 4 free tickets to see the Frisco Roughriders. They are a AA minor league affiliation to the Texas Rangers. My school participated in an MVP program for 5th graders and I benefited from it as well. It was the perfect night for baseball and my son and I went with a friend of the family and his son.

We made it to about the 6th inning. My son did really well staying in his seat and watching the ballgame. His dinner included a kids hotdog pack for $4.50 which included a hotdog, chips and a drink. Not bad for ballpark prices. He also ended up with cotton candy which turned into a sugar disaster. I saw some of my students at the game.

This ballpark is perfect for taking the family to. They have a package for $29 and it includes 4 tickets, 4 McDonalds value meals and 4 hats. Every seat in the park is a great one as well.

Tonight I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Cardinals and Cubs were on WGN. Tomorrow night they will play on ESPN. NICE! Now if they would only win.

3 comments:

MommyProf said...

Did he want to leave when the food was gone? That's what I always do.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Mommyprof,

My son could have stayed longer. My friend's son fell asleep about the fourth inning. I'll go back again with my son. For an almost 5 year old his attention to the game was awesome. No wonder he seems ahead of the curve on the field when he is playing.

MommyProf said...

Of course, I meant that's what MINE always do...

My 9 year old can hack it now, but the only way we used to get her through a basketball game was lots of popcorn, issued kernel by kernel and a continuous hunt for the inflatable and costumed mascots.

It did get better when she started playing...