Monday, April 21, 2008

Gas Prices

The gas prices remind me of a helium balloon that you accidentally let go and it just keeps going up and up and up to a place that you can't reach. $78 for a fill up today. I swear the new game is "The Gas Price Watching Game." You know you do it. On the way to work you think you should fill up, but you're in a hurry and decide to stop on the way home. Then it happened, sometime during the day, the prices jumped another 10 cents.

Tonight I needed to get gas and usually go to the QT. As I pulled in I noticed that Racetrack across the street was actually 5 cents cheaper at $3.44 gallon. I still gassed up at QT out of loyalty. As I was filling up I got a tea and a bag of ice. On my way out of the parking lot I did a double take as I noticed that the Racetrack price was now $3.49 a gallon. In a blink of an eye the price changed. We're not talking a digital pricing board. Someone had to walk out and change the price while I was inside getting my tea.

There is no need to worry about it now. The gas prices have changed our habits a little bit. We are trying to only take one car to church now. That would save $25 or so a month. I usually try to drive the wife's car if both are available since it gets better gas mileage. We also skipped driving to STL this spring break due to gas prices. It was cheaper to fly my mom down for $130 round trip. The gas prices have TRIPLED since we moved here in 2002 from Missouri.

Need to start saving my mowing money to pay for the gas for my summer trip to STL.

No comments: