Monday, August 02, 2010

School Count Down

Can't really complain about having to get ready for school. 3 weeks from today we get live bodies in our rooms. In 10 days I officially report to our 9am beginning of the year Convocation. 2 years ago we had Ron Clark and he was wonderful.

As a teacher I feel very privileged to be able to take a 5 week vacation to visit family in St. Louis. We then came back for a week before I had to take a few days to get professional development hours.

The nice thing about this week is that I do not have any commitments and my kids are going to Kids Club for free while my wife is taking summer classes. I really wouldn't know what I would do if I had this much time all summer.

Being a teacher is a good thing. The pay is actually pretty decent. The hours are great. The time off is awesome. I'm psyching myself up!

1 comment:

Justin Stortz said...

And the kids, right? The kids? You know, the students. . . They are a pretty good thing about teaching too. ;)